Tuesday, March 9, 2010

On my lonesome...

The weekend didn't give me enough time to really do what I wanted to do, as I was too sick on Saturday to spend time on it... I tried... fell asleep in the car... LOL

Sunday I went to Zwartkops Raceway to go check out the Super Trax Day, and afterwards I took off the front fairing (which was welded onto the Alfa Triangle support - so I had to wiggle it off...). I then started on removing the AC system. What a mission! The compressor is at the bottom, tucked in-between the engine-block and the body. I left that for later and started taking off the different pipes connected to it. This also meant I took off the AC Radiator that was sitting in front of the normal radiator. Then I left it.

Tonight I managed to scrape together the patience to take out the AC Compressor, and did it rather quickly! Only thing is, after I got it loose, I couldn't get it out as all the vacuum pipes and some oil and water pipes were blocking its exit! So I started taking off all the obstructing pipes. 

I also took off the air-intake pipe that leads to the throttle-body, and found that it is totally split right where it connects with the throttle-body... will see what I'll do to correct that... Then opened the thermostat to check it since the car is overheating - and found nothing! LOL Housing is empty! Should sort that out!! The housing is pretty corroded too, so will probably have to find a better one.

That's it for now... will do some more tomorrow night! :-) Here are some pics!

Front off...

The AC Compressor... which weighs a ton! 

And where it used to sit...

The AC Radiator and some pipes that go with it...

The thermostat housing.. that is empty...

The corrosion on the thermostat housing...

1 comment: