Saturday, March 6, 2010

Home...

With the car in the garage, I set out to remove the hideous bumpers on the car. Also, the rear-lights have these silly plastic surrounds which is just unbearable.

First thing I took off was the rear bumper - it's anyway not usable, since it's totally bent. I then removed the light-surrounds, and found some more rust under it... the silly things make water pool inside them... :(

Bumper off shows how the towbar is fastened to the boot... In this pic the one light has its surround still on, and the other is off. I prefer them OFF! (First two pics are cellphone pics)


Here is the car with both surrounds off.

I then tackled the front... the bumper has to come off, as the front fairing is completely bent and in very bad shape. I will most likely take off the whole front fairing and replace it with something else.

I want to wash the car, inside and out next. And get the engine clean! Then we can start tracing the cause of the overheating problem.

2 comments:

  1. Nice project! - Good to see that I'm not the only one still working on old Alfetta sedan's!

    Br
    Lars
    lars@alfetta.dk
    www.alfetta.dk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day!
    Nice car and an interesting project!
    Do you have any plans for the air conditioner?
    I just thouht that as soon as you're building a race car you probably don't need it.
    And i am building a road car - i've a 1982 QO that initially had an ACnut with time...
    Please drop me a message at yegres.marchenko@gmail.com in case you feel like you can part with the ac stuff.

    ReplyDelete